Child has left occipital and posterior cervical lymphadenopathy, no illness or infection, is extremely active. Is treatment required?

I have a 21 month old son- very active, growing well in 85 percentile, hitting every milestone early. Tonite I noticed left occipital and posterior cervical lymphadenopathy . There are 3 swollen nodes each approx 5 mm, nontender, firm and rubbery. He has not been ill recently, no fevers, no ear infections or signs thereof, and no scalp lesions or infections. I am concerned but don t know If I should wait to see if they resolve, or take him into his pediatrician immediately? Concerned mother LLD
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012