Child has knob on forehead, dark spot, rough to the touch. What is it?

My 9yo daughter has what I once believed to be a hematoma on her forehead that stems from a accident when she was four in which she bumped her head on a knob. At that time it was a gash and bruise that all went away. Over the years the spot seemed to reappear and now is a very dark, rough to the touch, large bruise/hematoma. It is very noticeable and many people think it is a birthmark . But it was not present at birth and has only reappeared within the last couple of years. The accident at 4 years of age it the only trama that I can think of to that area of her head. Her pediatrician on yesterday stated that we may need to seek out an opinion of a dermatologist to determine if it is indeed a hematoma or something else. My question what is the something else?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012