Child has issues with hard, bulky stools, on myrilax, has stinky and persistent gas. Cause of concern?

Hello. My 21 month old has had issues with hard, bulky stools since she turned 1 years old. She is on myrilax daily to help with that but the doctor also told us to switch to soy at 18 months. There was no change with her stools and I had to keep up with the myrilax but now she has really stinky and persistent gas every day. Should I be concerned or do I need to take her to see a specialist? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013