Child has internal Hematoma at T7. Six weeks now and size not reducing. Healing time?

My son has an internal hematoma at T7 from a motocross crash. It s the size of half an orange. Six weeks have passed and it hasn t reduced in size. He is having an MRI next week to get more information on it. My worry is it could be a tumour and it was there before the crash. My question is could it still be a haematoma but it hasn t changed in size or could it be a cyst . He has no pain, no illness , eats well and is very fit. He is 10 years old and has no external marks or bruising even after crash. He had a cat scan and x ray after accident and were told it was a haematoma which specialists in Alder Hay confirmed. I just want to know if haematomas should have disappeared by now?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013