Child has hard lump on the leg above knee cap, not painful, has bubbly feeling in knee. What can this be?

My daughter is 6 years old. Just found a hard lump on the inside of her left leg just above the knee cap, almost feels like bone. Approx size of a cherry tomatoe. My daughter doesn t have any pain and has been in no accident. Not clear when it appeared (must be recently). On occasion she has complained in the past about a bubbling feeling in her knee, but I m pretty sure there was no lump until recently. Any idea what it can be? I don t believe there are any lymph glands etc located there and as mentioned it feels like bone? Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012