Lump under knee cap, painful to move leg, movable lump. Solution?

I have a lump under my knee cap it resurfaces every now an then sometimes quiet often, when it s on top of my knee cap i can move it all around but its extremly painfull to move my leg until the lump is pushed back under my knee cap, it doesn t hurt on a day to say basis, has no effect on my leg or knee once it s under my knee cap, just wondering if anyone could help me understand what this could be and if there is a solution? Thanks :) x
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012