Child has got a deep purple bruise with a ring like formation around the bottom of abrasion post a fall on chin. X-ray required?

My seven year old daughter fell on her chin while jumping rope at recess at her elementary school. It is more an abrasion than a cut. It is approximately the size of a quarter and is on the lower part of her chin. A deep, reddish purple bruise has formed a ring like formation around the bottom portion of the abrasion, almost like a half-moon shape or a smile. Is this normal? She does not complain of pain at all. Should I have this x-rayed? Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013