Child has foot pain, swollen ankle, bruise near ankle, red spots on legs. Related?

On Friday, A child in my preschool site was complaining about aching foot . In the afternoon his grandma complained said the ankle was swollen. Today, Tuesday, the child returns to school with a big bruise around and bottom of the ankle. Towards the end of the day, the child was complaining about the other foot.I checked it and that ankle was getting bruised too. Besides that I noticed tiny red spots all over the legs. Is one thing related with the other? What could cause this?
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012