Child has fever, dark and foul-smelling urine. Prescribed trimethoprim. Have Down syndrome

Hi, my 9 year old daughter has been sick over the last few days, and has had a temperature of 38, which has slowly reduced. Her urine is dark and smelly. The doctor has sent urine off for testing but has prescribed trimethoprim to take now. She is feeling a lot better today, but one side of her face feels hot, whilst the other side feels quite normal. Her temperature at the moment reads 37.1. My daughter also has down syndrome so is not able to describe pain etc. hope you can help. Thanks in advance, Leslet
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013