Child has dry skin on buttocks, cream helps temporarily. Want solution

Hi My daughter is 5+ years old, we live in Sri Lanka. She has this patch of dry skin in her butt cheeks, back thighs and running down to the knees. It looks blackish and very dry, rough and she itches (not red as in most eczema patients). Her dermo diagnosed eczema and instructed us to bathe her in luke warm water, with a cap of oilatum in it for twenty minutes. She was also given a shampoo made in Sri Lanka and soap (which is more like a lotion) to applyall oevr and to apply flutivate in the night twice a week, this was for a month. Now the course is for three months and the cream was switched to Astrocort every night and Secalia twice daily. This is until December when it s time to see him a gain. I just want to know whether there is anything I can do to completely stop this, as I don t want to see my baby bathing like this for the rest of her life, soaking and applying cream, she hates it. Its a relief for her If I miss a day or two but the patches are there anyways only not visible when the creams are applied. I think this is a temporary solution and not resolve it for her, Please advise. Thanks Fami
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012