Child has diarrhea, muscle weakness, bloated abdomen, hospitalized cause dehydrated, given IV potassium, smecta, has ALL. Severe?

My daughter 3y5m diagosed as ALL for the past 1 month and started chemo. Since last 2 weeks she is having bad diarrhoea and progressive weakness of of muscle. Last 2 days i noted her eye getting ydllow wigh her abdominal bloated slightly. Today she was admitted to ghe sard because dehydration. Her doctor prescribed potassium iv and smecta for her even she was onsmecta before but no relieved. My question does low potassium common among ALL children and how severe is this condition?

Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013