Child has asthma. Taking inhaler puffs. Difficulty breathing through nose

Hi, My daughter is 5 years old.she is asthametic and is on regular enhaler puffs twice a day for past one year and she is doing good in that. Her nose remains stuffed and she has difficulty in breathing through nose. sometimes she stops breath for 3-4 seconds and suddenly opens her mouth and starts breathing again. her nose remains stuffed all winter and it is like this for past three years. i have been trying saline water drops but not much difference. i am just worried that her difficult breathing may be putting extra strain on her lungs for breathing. plz guide me as to what should i do and secondly let me know if it has some effect onher lungs causing asthma flare.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013