Have asthma. Prescribed prednisone. Still have difficulty breathing

Hello my name is nick Beckham. I am 24 and have severe asthma . I went to the local ER last night and was diagnosed with a upper respiratory infection and a asthma flair. I was prescribed 80mg of predisone for 5 days but nothing to treat the infection. Since being discharged I have been taking nebulizer treatments with albuterol every 2 hours and adding atrovent every 4 hrs. I am still having difficulty breathing at points in time. And occasionally break out into a sweat. What can I do to relieve the difficulty breathing?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013