Child has abdominal pain. Taking Carafate, Omeprazole. Your thoughts?

MY 15 YR OLD DAUGHTER HAS C/O GI (ABD) PAIN FOR LAST 8 - 9 MONTHS. SHE HAS HAD A LOT OF STRESS THE LAST 5 YEARS THE NUMBER ONE BEING SHE SAW HER OLDER BROTHER DETERIORATE FROM PULMONARY HTN D/T PULMONARY OCCULISION FOR 4 YEARS AND FINALLY DYING WHEN RECEIVING A DOUBLE LUNG XT DUE TO COMPLICATIONS. BACK TO DAUGHTER NOW THE ER DOC DID CT AND THEN APPY IN NOV. SHE HAD HARD TIME COMING OUT OF ANESTHESIA AND LOOKED LIKE PSUDO SEIZURES. ANYWAY HER PAIN SHE HAS CONTINUES AND IN LUQ ABOUT SAME AREA BEFORE APPY DONE. SHE HAS BEEN ON CARAFATE, OPMEZRALE, AND NOW DISCONTINUED MEDS. SHE IS IN THERAPY WORKING THROUGH THE LOSS OF HER BROTHER LAST YEAR. I AM LOST AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HER. GI DOC SAYS IF PAIN CONTINUES START HER MEDS BACK UP AND MAYBE THEY WILL DO EDG - WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013