Child had vomiting. X-ray showed enlarged liver and spleen. Common causes?

Hello, my 6 month old daughter threw up the other day so my wife took her to get checked out, The doctor sent my baby for an x-ray and found that she had an enlarged liver and spleen . She has told my wife that the reason can range from a virus to cancer . She is being seen at CHOP in Philadelphia Wednesday morning at their cancer center. My question is what are the common causes in a 6 month old child for this? How serious? What is the most likely cause? Will my daughter be okay? I am currently deployed so my wife and child are very far away. I need to know what I am to expect when I get to speak to my wife about this.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012