Child got poked in eye, coughing, watering eyes, painful. Should we be concerned?

Hi, I have a 3 yr old who got poked in the eye earlier this evening, around 6:30pm.. After a few mins. he seemed to be doing fine and wasn t complaining. Right before 9pm while brushing his teeth he started coughing really bad, after doing so his eye began to water really bad and he started saying it hurt to open it and actually feel asleep because he didn t want to open it. should we be concerned?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
As from your history child got injured at around 6.30 pm and since he did not compalin till 9 pm it is unlikely related to eye injury.
Since the child had coughing while brushing and he had watering during this episode,this is not related to eye injury as watering may be common during violent coughing.
I advice you not to worry, but if the symptoms persist even next day then you need to consult your eye doctor.
Thank you