Child got hot, blotchy rash that kept spreading, low fever, suspicion of urticaria, have turned yellow, no relief with medicines. Suggestion?

My one year old foster daughter yesterday got a very bad hot blotchy rash all over her body which just kept spreading. She had a slight temperature and the rash looked so bad that they thought it was meningitis . They had a thorough look at her and said it was uriticaria (but it seems very severe). Now the blotches on her stomach which was the worst has turned to bruises (dark purple) and the ones on her leg yellow bruises. She has been taking piriton and using calamine cream but she is not getting any better and the rash is extremely sore. Been to two out of hours GP and still not happy.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012