Child gets red pinpoint raised dots on hand frequently, no fever. Cause?

My son is 19 months old and has red pinpoint raised dots on his hand . This is the 4th time getting them and typically takes a week for them to go away. Start off lookin like a red rash , then the bumps appear, then the blood appears under the bumps, next they turn purple and lastly they go away. He doesn t have a fever or any other symptoms. Put a call into the doctor but haven t heard from them. The first time it happened another doctor looked at him and ran blood tests. They all came back normal so I was told its an allergic reaction . Should I request a second look or pass it off as an allergic reaction?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012