Child fallen to floor. How soft is the spot on her head?

Good Evening Dr, My name is Natalie from Dubai UAE, I left my 6 month old daughter on my 2 foot bed for a second and went to put some thing in the toilet i then hear a sound running to her I realise that she was on the floor and crying. She cried a little and then started reacting normally like laughing and moving normally like always. I didnt go to the doctor because we had to take her for her baptism right away. My question is may I know how soft has the soft spot on the front of head be and how hard does her skull be at the back of her head. Thanking you. regards Natalie
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

One should be cautious with kids and take preventive measures so that accidents do not occur. They should child proof their home.

There are certain danger signs to look after a fall and head injury. They are vomiting, nose and ear bleed, loss of consciousness, seizures. In their absence one need not really worry. Soft spot on the head is soft.

Hope this helps.