Child diagnosed with Fibrous displacia of cheek bone and Cafees disease. When should I start his treatment?

Hi, My son is 7 years old and was diagnoised with swelling on his left cheek and a brown patch on the outside, the swelling is also visible inside on his right cheeck and upper Jaw covering the from teeth area as well, his front teeth are have already fallen off but I do not see the new teeth coming back. I was advised by a Pediatric Neuro Surgeon that he has Fibrous Displacia of cheek bone and Caffees disease (due to brown patches on his body all over, largest being on thr right check), the advice given was to monitor the kid and get him treated once he crossed 15 yrs of age. Can some one advice if this is the right approach or should I be getting him treated rightaway.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012