Child accidentally swallowed beef jerky stick, immediately complained of chest pain, seems to be fine now. Any suggestions?

Hi, My 3 and half year old was keeping a portion of beef jerky stick in his mouth, started jumping and accidentally swallowed it before I could warn him. He started crying holding his chest saying it hurts there . He said he didnt chew the beef. Its been 24 hrs and he doesnt complain anymore. Should I be alert about this situation? My email is: YYYY@YYYY Thanks for yr advice! Nicole
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013