Chest x-ray taken for persisting cough. Report showing focal opacity projecting over the left lung. Parenchymal nodule can not be excluded. Cancer chances?

I have had a cough for 2 weeks...went to the docor, after a week, and had a chest xray . The impression on the chest xray reads: Focal opacity (measuring just over a centimeter) projecting over the left lower lung on the frontal view and the lower thoracic spine on the lateral view. A parenchymal nodule cannot be excluded. I am going for a CT tomorrow. In your opinion, could this be cancerous? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012