Chest pain, weakness in heart, smoker. On medication. Treatment?

Hi Dr XXXXX, I am 26 year old now and have been smoking since past 6 years( almost 10 cigarettes a day). Recently I have started feeling slight pain in left part of my chest . I feel it all day. I also get a feeling that my heart is not as strong as it used to be... I have visited a specialist cardiology centre and the doctor there told me that everything is fine. He gave me some medicine, which kept the pain away for a few days, but it came back after that.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
The cardiologist has opined that everything is right as far as the heart is concerned. However, your chest pain may not be related to cardiac disease.
It could be related to acid reflux/ sour brash or peptic ulcers which is common in smokers.
It is advisable to stop smoking. If it is difficult to quit by yourself, you may seek the advice of a psychiatrist who can give you medications to quit smoking.