Chest pain, rapid heartbeat, headache, cold sweat, knot on head. Has COPD and anxiety

My dad has been feeling really bad the past few days. He is having chest pains, rapid heartbeat , bad headaches and when he gets up or walks around he feels like he is going to pass out. He is feeling cold and having cold sweats . He has a large knot that keeps coming up on the top (back) of his head (it will come up for a month and go back down) I do know this has something to do with his headaches because he says he keeps a headache when the knot forms. The other symptoms worry me because he is 58 and has COPD and anxiety issues. He also take cholesterol and blood pressure medicene as well as fluid pills. Is this something he needs to be seen in the ER or would it be safe to make a Dr. appt.?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013