Chest pain, irregular heart beat. X-ray showed surgical clips in chest. History of surgery for gallbladder removal, broken arm. Cause?

Last week I went to a pain specialist for my back. When he looked at my xray he asked when I d had chest surgery. Never. But three years ago I had a broken arm repaired but briefly died on the table. Had to be intubated, given drugs and things. Surgery was cut short. I wasn t told any of this by the doctor, but RN sitting with me taking vitals told me. Doc. last week said I had a bunch of surgical clips in my chest, apparently around my esophagus . Mostly in one clump. There were two where I d previously had my gallbladder out. I don t know how the ones got in my chest. I had asked the doc about problems during surgery for my arm and he said there were none. I now better. Tried to get copies of my records to see if there was something I needed to know about anesthesia . This is second time I ve had adverse reactions to it. Anyway, I know I d been intubated; my throat was scraped sore, mouth hurt, lips bruised and tape all over my face. Not to mention vibrating from what felt like a thousand cups of espresso. Had three anesthesiologists come check on me several times, but never my doctor, before releasing me. Again he said nothing unusual happened. However, these past few years I keep having troubles with chest pains, short of breath, dizziness, fainting , irregular heartbeat , just kind of crushing pain on my chest when I lean back in a chair. I don t know if any of this is related, but have to wonder because I didn t have the problems before. I am an otherwise slim, active, athletic type person; 5 4 , 110 lbs. swimmer, equestrienne, runner. How can I get honest answers about what happened? I ve tried and was told nothing happened and there were no records saying anything different, but I remember much of what went on that day. They don t agree, but the doctors claim there is no record of anything going wrong. I know I wasn t BORN with a bunch of surgical clips in my chest. They had to get there somehow and I would like to know HOW. Can yo give me any advice? I talked to an attorney and he said I had no case.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012