Chest pain, BP high. Advised to undergo angiography. Is there any other way to detect the cause?

hi. I am a 40 year old male with normal weight and BMI , fairly active lifestyle and do not have any other health conditions. occasional drinker. don t smoke . i have had an episode of chest pain 2 days ago (on lest side ,not behind sternum bone, without associated arm heaviness.) this happened at night when i was preparing to sleep. i drove to the ER and my ecg was done which came out normal. however my BP was high (150/100) i was given one antacid medication and restyl tablet for anxiety. i soon felt better and came home. next day again in the afternoon i had similar symptoms and again my bp was high (150/100) i took rest whole day and again checked my bp and it came normal. i do not have any anxiety issues. and i don t lead a hectic lifestyle. next day morning, i was returning home from chores and despite a/c being on in the car, i did sweat more than usual, enough to soak my shirt in the back. at this time i had no chest pain, in fact i was feeling better than the last two days, but my bp again came out high .i got a few blood tests done ( lipid and sugar) and been to a cardiologist . they did a 2d echo and ecg and both were normal. troponin levels were also normal. now I m advised to undergo angiography. i really don t understand what s happening. why is my bp shooting up and is there any other way to detect the cause than to have to undergo invasive angiography? looking forward to your opinion. thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013