Chest hurting when inhaling smoke, coughing. Due to weather?

i have been smoking since november 2011, i didn t smoke a lot, like 3 to 4 cigarettes a day sometimes even less, but about a week ago i started smoking a lot more than i used to due to the stress i ve been gathering from personal problems, almost a pack of cigarettes a day, i never smoked so many cigarettes until about a week ago, but i never completed a pack of cigarretes in a day, because there were still about 5 cigarettes left the other day, and i also give them to my friends so i didn t smoke the entire pack, and i always tend to smoke the lighter packs with less nicotine , etc. Today i went out for a smoke and i noticed everytime i inhale my chest hurts. it s not a lot of pain but it hurts a little, but only when i smoke, because when i breath normally i don t feel any pain, i just feel like i have something uncomfortable down my throat , and i ve been coughing a little too like every 20 to 30 minutes. where i live is also very cold and i didn t wear that much clothes today either, so my question is, could this be from the weather and the fact that i didn t wear enough clothes to protect me from the cold or the fact that i ve been smoking more for the past week? i think it s weird that my chest hurts when i smoke because i ve only increased the amount of cigarettes i smoke per day a week ago. Thank you for your help Renato Ribeiro
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012