Causes for sore tongue and gums

I have had a sore tongue , sore gums and a pain under my chin for 4 days. Gums and tongue are unusually red and sensitive.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Dentist 's  Response
These kind of symtoms can be seen in high fever are in case if u are under any medication ? some drugs will cause these kind of symptoms. And if u had any tonsils which are infected will lead to fever and pain under your chin as u said. please consult ENT specialist to diagnose the proper cause. And take needfull antibiotics and pain killer in combination with paracetamol will give u good relief.In case of tonsilitis pz take ogmentin 625 mg for twice daily for five days.
take care
Dr.narayan babu

Dentist Dr. Ankit Aggarwal's  Response
The symptoms described by you can either be herpetic gingivostomatitis or simply stomatitis. if fever is also there , it can be herpetic gingivostomatitis. but if theirs no fever , than it can be simply stomatitis. if its the former one, drink lot of water, take antivirals( acyclovir ) along with painkillers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, though it is self limiting disease. if its the later, then go for multivitamins along with topical gel like ORAHEAL or MUCOPAIN. apply them 3-4 times a day .

wishing you good health
with best regards
Dr Ankit
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

This condition of yours is called as Stomatitis. Stomatitis is an inflammatory lesion of the oral cavity mucosa. It is noticed in various conditions such as long standing fever, poor nutrition, vitamin deficiency, allergy to medicines, etc. You will require a short course of steroids with vitamin supplements containing B-complex. Also, drink plenty of warm water; avoid smoking/alcohol/hot beverages/spicy food.

Wish you good health

Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
i read your problem,it seems a case of herpetic stomatitis..............
i will suggest you please go to a specialist(oral pathologist) as soon as possible,and go for whole mouth examination done........
and follow all the instructions given properly.............
nothing to get worried.........
take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta