Cannot fall asleep, tired, prescribed sleeping tablets. Should I get a referral to a sleep clinic?

Hello, for the past 13 days I ve not been able to sleep properly, it takes me hours to fall asleep till about 5 in the morning, i worry about sleeping during the day which is making it a whole lot worse but i can t help it. so i m becoming very anxious. I usually have 8-9 hours sleep but not in these past few weeks. It s getting me really down. I ve been to see my GP she gave me a low dose of sleeping tablets 5 of them. Should i get a referral to a sleep clinic? Please reply would be much appreciated. Kerry
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012