Can you put congenital arteriovenous fistula in layman terms ?

I am a 41 year old female. Had a heart attack little over 2weeks ago. Angiogram showed clean heart . But, cardiologist did discover and tell me about finding that I have congenital arteriovenous fistula . I believe he said it was associated with my left ventricle . He told me not to worry about it. Since I ve been home and doing a little research online, I am becoming concerned. I do not understand all the medical language, but what I do understand sounds alarming. Any cardiologist willing to explain risks with this condition in laymen s terms? Greatly appreciated, if so. Thank you. I am 5 9 , about 110lbs, family heart issues. Mom had first heart attack at 42, brother died of heart attack at 45.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011