Can the eye sight power be reduced from -1 to normal ?

hello Dr,my daughter is 5 yrs old and have power of -1.Is it possible to reduce her power to 0 with diet ?pls answer my query ...thank you
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic forum

Sorry to say that, but myopia cannot be reversed to normal. Infact with age, it only increases. She will have to wear glasses . By 18 yrs of age, myopia becomes stable, and then she can think of contact lenses, or surgery to corrent it.

Good nutritious diet with proper eye care, will be helpful, as she is growing child.

Dr.Anshita Rathore

For further enq-
Ophthalmologist Dr. P. K. Sehgal's  Response
hullo gayatri..first of all i must appreciate the fact that you got your daughter checked at an early age and came to know about her need for glasses. To reply to your question, dietary changes are not going to reduce her power. but a balanced diet is good for the body and health as a whole and is advisable..your daughter should use glasses regularly to maintain proper eye muscle balance and for clear vision..i would like to add here that you should be mentally prepared for increase in power of glasses as your daughter grows up...this is normal and expected and cannot be prevented