Can stress cause abnormal spotting ?

Hello, I am 20 yrs old and About 6 days ago I started to experience some bright red spotting...some days it was spotting and some day there wasn t. I read online it can be cause for a big number of things, one of them implantation bleeding . I took a blood pregancy test and it was negative. My period is due any time now. It it is not implantation bleeding, what could it be? could it be that it was caused by the stress of my final exams? please some advice
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Hi Welcome to HealthcareMagic

small amount of spottings are common in Normal Menstrual cycle.. Since you have done UPT urine pregnancy test and have come negative result, nothing to worry much.. concentrate on your studies..