Can someone have eye operation with high BP?

my father eye opration but pressur is very high in eye and full pain in that eye what we can do for this please tell me
Asked On : Sun, 27 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
Dear sandeep
usually under the high pressure condition no major operation are done . no your doctor postponed the operation til the pressure managed. he may had prescribed the medicine for hypertension also . nothg to be worry consult your doctor about the latest condition
Thnaks
Ophthalmologist Dr. Nyla's  Response
hello,
your doctor has just postponed the operation for later date.once its controlled which usually is the case he will take it up.doing it under high pressure can cause complications.the pain is due to the increased pressure.usually they give tablets such as acetazolamide 250 mg twice daily ,if its very high then iv mannitol.not to worry your doctor would give the right medications.what operation is he undergoing?

Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
depending upon the requirement the pressure can be controlled in a short span of time by i.v drugs,this decision is to be by the operating surgeon.This lower pressure is then maintained by oral and local drugs