Can pre menopause or depression cause changes in menstrual cycle ?

Hi Dr. I am a 48 year old female with 3 adult children and one 17 year old. I have noticed a recent change in my cycle. I normally go from 18 to 23 days lasting 3-4 days. For the month of March I went 15 days lasting 6 days (unsual). The month of April I went 23 days lasting 9 days (unusual). The month of May, I went a total of 30 days before starting, I m getting concerned. I lost my husband of 27 years due to a long illness in August, 2010. I m not sure if depression is doing this or am I about to go through pre-menopause. My mother started in her 30 s. Please help.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011