Can lymphodemia be cured ? I am 23 years old

Hi doctor i have been suffering from lymphodemia for years now since i was a little girl. i have been told that there is no cure and that i would die the way i am. I mean i am only 23 my feet really emberass me coz everyone stares at me when i wear a dress or shorts. Is it really true because in winter my feet dont swell that much but during summer they really swell i have no pain its just the swelling only. lilly south africa
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Hi Lilly
i wonder if you are getting the right treatment??
What are the doctors saying the cause of the swelling. there are Medical as well as Surgical therapies??
Please mention your reports if you can.
Dont worry////
Good Luck!!!!!!
Morning Doctor !

I havent been given any treatment for my legs no medication whatso ever. The only the thing theyve told me is that my blood can freely flow in the legs but has difficulty flowing out and that causes the swelling. I also went for an xray they said my bones were fine nothing was wrong. The only thing ive been told to do is to keep my feet on elavated.
Hi Lilly
I want to know is your swelling pitting in nature??
Just press the swelling with thumb for 30 seconds and see if the skin takes some time to return back upwards.
Is your swelling hard??
There are various causes of lymphoedema. Most common in medicine being Filiriasis common in tropical countries easily curable with medicines and surgery in severe cases.
Please reply back.
Thanks
Good Luck!!!!!!
Morning Doctor!

On the legs the swelling is soft and when i press for 30sec my skin returns back upwards then on the foot i have to press really hard, the foot itself is hard. If i may ask can i send you pictures of my feet before ive pressed them and after ive pressed them and aswell as my legs.

Doctor you are really giving me hope.....
Hi Dear
Yeah Sure . i need the photos . I was myself going to ask them from you.
Please send them at my email drpuneetsekhon@gmail.com
Also mention if you have any reports of any other doctor.It could be of some help to me.
Dont lose hope. i am also consulting other doctors about your case.
Thanks
God Bless You