Can light bleeding be a symptom or sign of early pregnancy ?

hi yes i am a girl thats trying to get pregnant my periods were every 28days then they started coming every 35 days and now i had my period jan 20th 2011 and didnt start again untill march 1st 2011 but it light can i still be pregnant
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Hello There,
Welcome to healthcaremagic forum!!!
Yes...For some women implantation will cause slight bleeding or spotting. This is called implantation bleeding. It normally occurs a week to a few days before your period would normally start. Spotting that occurs around a week after ovulation is likely implantation bleeding; whereas, spotting that occurs very close to the time that your period would normally start may not be. Implantation bleeding is usually scanty and pink or brownish discharge.
So get a urine pregnancy test done which will help you to determine whether you are pregnant or not!!
Hope this helps!!
Take care!!
thank you for answering my question but i dont think i am its gotten darker but im going to the drs friday to see why my period is going from 28 days then 35 but this the longest i went from jan 20th till march 1st being the next time which i think is 40 days but do you know how long implat bledding last or does it depend
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello There..
It usually lasts for 1 to 2 hrs to couple of days!!
hope this helps!!