Can i get my tooth plucked during pregnancy ?

im pregnet and i cant go to the dentist i have panic attacks i need my tooth pull out badly can i get nocked out or anything like that
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Dentist 's  Response
You have not mentioned which trimester of pregnancy. Ideally dental treatment are safer to be done at the second trimester. But if a tooth pains an access opening can be done immediatley for pain relief. Extraction can be done only in second trimester. Pain killers like Paracetamol is safe during pregnancy but should be taken on prescription of your gynecologist.

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
second trimester is safe for treatment.
visit the dentist and take the medication, which is safe for you.
If there is pulpal involvement, then you can get RCT done.
save your original tooth, extraction is not only the treatment.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...

Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

your history suggests that you have pain due to pulpal involvemnt.

In this case i would suggest you to visit your dentist get the oral check up done.
so that suitable antibiotic and analgesic can be given.

hope it helps.

take care.
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

I would suggest you to consult a Dentist and get the treatment plan ,if the tooth can be treated with root canal treatment there is no need for extraction.
Avoid exposure to x-rays during pregnancy.

During pregnancy extra care should be taken while taking medicines, it better to consult your OBGYN to know the safety for you.
As per your problem you can take tab paracetomol 500mg for pain and amoxicillin twice can be taken.

The infected enamel dentine can be extirpated and temporary filling can be placed, this will subside toothache temporarily.

Further treatment can be done after delivary.

Hope this helps out.

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm,

Cause of toothache has to be ruled out initially after consulting with your dentist.
If involved tooth is decayed,get it restored or root canal treated.
If the decay is very severe,extraction of tooth is required.
Its better to postpone the extraction since you are pregnant.
Please take antibiotics-analgesics after consulting with your dentist.
Temporary fillings can be given for relief until you deliver the baby.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
If your gums are inflamed,get scaling done.
Use chlorhexidine mouthrinse to gargle.
Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response
Hi Greetings Healthcare magic
For your dental problem during pregnancy you can try homeopathy medicines which will help in both way - 1) it will manage your pain instantly 2) as it is safe medicines therefore can be used without any fear during pregnancy. If you would like can contact me at thank you
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
Elective dental procedures are indicated during the second trimester of pregnancy. You have not mentioned your trimester. Pain relief could be obtained by analgesics like paracetamol in consultation with your gynecologist.
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, during pregnancy, Paracetamol or Crocin is the safest medicine. You can take Crocin 500 mg or Dolo 650 mg for pain relief. You may need to take an antibiotic along with it after consulting your gynecologist. You may be able to control the pain and infection for a few days or months. Please do not panic. Consult a good dentist for complete treatment plan. You may not need to get the tooth extracted if it could be treated by a root canal treatment. Take care!