Can i get my hair back? I am a cancer patient

hey err if u have cancer and u lose ur hair? what if your hair was damaged and broken.will it come back healthy or the same?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jan 2010
Thanks for query,
Due to radiation and chemotherapy there is hair loss.
After stoppage of treatment one will get hair grow to its normal gradually.
Ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Hair loss due to treatment like chemotherapy will surely recover with time.There is nothing special need to done.Please take good diet and more of fruits and vegetables.
wishing you good health and speedy recovery.
It's some chemotherapy regimes (not all) that cause hair loss, not cancer itself. Hair sometimes grows back curly - it's known as 'chemo curl' - and sometimes grows back a different colour. My hair was curly when it grew back, but is straight now - I don't know if that's just because of the weight of it as it's long again now; perhaps if I cut it short I'll see that it;s still curly. My hair is thinner and fluffier than it was before chemo; I had very thick hair so it doesn't really matter. It's healthy and in good condition. Same colour.