Can any online doctor tell me about my pregnancy test result, it is very confusing

Hello Doctor .Today morning my wife took the pregnancy test first time on her 4th day after missed period using the velocity pregnancy test kit.After the test we are able to see 1 purple color line at C and after 2 mins very slight dark colred line at T (not sure whether it is the shadow of purpled colored line even).Unable to come to the conclusion on the results.Here we are seeing one very thick purpled colored line at C and after 2 mins one very slight dark color line which is like a shadow only came at T . My confusion is if positive,this line also has to come in a thicker way with purpled color ..right? Could any one please help us with your valuable comments and feedback.
Asked On : Thu, 19 May 2011
Hello sreeram;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since your wife has periods and you got 2 lines on the velocit kit although one line was delayed and faint the test is positive and so your wife is pregnant.But it will be better to repeat the test for confirmation so either you repeat it at home with first morning sample of urine or do it in a lab.There is highest possibility that your wife is pregnant.
Congrats in advance.