Can I take metronidazole tablets for loose motion ?

i am facing problem with loose motion . i have metronidazole tablets in my hand. can i take it for today?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Mar 2011
without any hesitation you can take .As metronidazole is antimicrobial used for anaerobic bacteria.Disclaimer.
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Hello there,
welcome to healthcare magic. For loose stools, off course you can take metronidazole, but i would say ofloxacin 200 mg twice daily is a better one. If very bad can even take injectable one. Remember to rehydrate yourself, preferably orally with ORS solutions, coconut water, juices etc. But if loose stools are agitated even by that , better keep youself nill by mouth and get intravenous drips like normal saline / ringer lactate.Mind you, rehydration is very mandatory. And keep a tag if you are still passing urine, b'coz if not, then your kidney might get affected, rush to hosp.