Can I reduce pus cells ?

hi dr, i am 24 yrs old. married. my husband did sperm test. and they said he has too much of pus cells. will it affect to become conceive?
Asked On : Mon, 30 May 2011

welcome to healthcaremagic
pus cells in large number in semen needs a consultation and clinical check up with culture/ sensivity of semen
he should take treatment and get the infection controlled by medicines after a proper diagnosis
once the infection controlled go for pregnancy .yes you can conceive if ther is no problem with you
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Sikkandar Banu,
Welcome to HCM.
Pus cells in the semen means he has infection either in the prostate, seminal vesicles or urethra. This needs to be treated with antibiotics otherwise you may also get infected. Ask him to consult an Urologist immediately. Once the semen is clear of pus cells, you may try for conception. All the Best.