Can I play basketball while pregnancy?

I am 17,white, female, from Arkansas. I just found out that I am about 3 weeks pregnant. I have played basketbal since 9th grade and been active in other sports and atheletics. There are 5 weeks left in this basketball season and I want to play. I have talked to some and heard them say "no" and I have talked to others and heard it's ok this early on and since I am already healthy and active. I have not gotten a doctor yet as I have never needed one since I was 4 or 5. Can I finish this season ?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jan 2010
We hope that you had a pregnancy confirmation test by now. Now the next step would be to see a Family physician to know few important things during pregnancy. You are too young to hold a pregnancy. You have to take extra care now. Playing basket ball is an high impact sport. Any sport that may involve falling down and injury is not advised. Only walking and slight exercises are permitted during pregnancy. Do not involve in high impact sports. Please see the doctor as soon as possible.