Can I increase my hemoglobin level through blood transfusion to have a normal baby as I am on beta thalassemic trait ?

hi doctor, I m Meena from pakistan,age 27,height,5.9 ,i m beta thalassemic trait and my blood group is O positive.In sep 2010 i got married and my husband is 33 years old and he is normal with blood group B positive.i m 25 weeks pregnant now,my hemoglobin reach to 7.0 in week 21 so i had blood transfusion,now my hemoglobin is mother is diabetic and m also deficient invitamin d with m taking 100,000 iu per week.also m bottom line to gestational diabetes with 137 glucose challenge test of one hour.m tooooo much worried regarding pre labor,or low weight baby plus please help me to know how much chances of my baby to be normal? or trait or major? if i increase my hemoglobin level again through blood transfusion ,then chances of normal baby is possible?im over iron with serum ferritin i stopped iron medicines.thanks
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011