Can I give my 3 month old child Cefixime oral suspension for loose motion ?

is cefixime oral suspension ip for loose motion . my baby is 3 months old
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Yes, it can be prescribed for a 3 month baby for loose stools. Just give it as directed by your Doctor and take him for regular follow up.
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
hi reynold;
welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Cefixime is a cephalosporin group antibiotic & can be used in infection when required.But it is not used in loose motions unless indicated.As your baby is 3 months old please do not use Cefixime or any other antibiotic without prescription from a Paediatrician or a qualified doctor.Hope i answered your question to your satisfaction.Any questions please ask.
take care