Can I get pregnant just a few days after having a laproscopy to drain a cyst ?

Last Thursday I had a laperoscopy done to drain a cyst I took a home pregnancy test today and it said positive but it was faint. Could it be a false positive
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011
You have not mentioned about your date of last menstuation.If you are over due by a week or so you will have to repeat the test after 15 days for confirmation.If you are in mid periods please wait for periods to come or go for the test again if it's late.
Wish you all the best!

General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
Hi, If your periods are messed up(irregular) you should go for repeat pregnancy test for confirming or excluding pregnancy after15 days. If you are not ,please get a treatment for correcting your menstrual cycle first.regular cycles are helpful in an easy conception.
Wishing you all the best!