Can I get names of medicines for curing acne ?

SIR I AM 21 years old . on my face pimples( acne ) are present from 5 years plese tell me medicine
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
hi atul
u need to do
-keep ur face clean with good cleanser like cetaphil for oily skin
-avoid oily and spicy food
-drink more water
-avoid dairy product
-depend on ur acne u need to apply creams
-never pick or pop it
-avoid direct sun exposure
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Treatment of acne depends upon the stage or grade of acne one has.There are four grades is acne ,from blackheads(mild) to nodular variety(sever) .Also treatment depends upon the cause of acne . Cause of acne may be just a wrong selection of soap or a moisturizer to hormonal disturbances in body (esp in females).
Treatment starts form the use of a anti acne face cleanser .It can be a anti acne soap or a face wash .Next would be use of a good anti acne cream for day time and night time use. Along with this one should be given a course of antibiotic tablet .This I would say is the basic or the first level treatment.
If patient does not respond to this or one has very sever acne then comes use of oral retinoids.Retinoids are wonder drug for acne , but one needs to undergo various blood investigations before taking this .Also there are certain precautions which one needs to follow before use of this medicine.Your dermatologist would be the best judge for this .

Along with this one has to drink plenty of water and take good 7 hr sleep in night. Avoid all cosmetic creams or moisturizers on face. Healthy life style with above treatment is a must to keep your face clean and acne free.
So,i would advise you to consult a skin specialist(dermatologist) who can prescribe you medicines accordingly.