Can I ask a doctor about my liver blood tests ?

my SGPT is 67U/l and SGOT is 51 U /l gamma GT 60 U/l i am so happy that u on the line
Asked On : Sat, 11 Feb 2012
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Raised liver enzymes mean some liver damage and must be explored.Causes for raised liver enzymes can be Diabetes..excessive alcohol..viral hepatitis..obesity ....autoimmune disorders of liver and bile ducts...increased triglyceride levels...use of anti lipids,some antibiotics,anti seizures,some NSAIDS etc...tumors of liver or bile duct etc.Tests recommended for diagnosis are LFT's,ultrasound abdomen,MRI,CT scan and liver biopsy.Consult a Gastroenterologist for the management.Thanks and good luck.