Calf pain above Achilles, slight swelling around ankle and calf muscle, increased tightness, feel a semi-solid vein with sharp pains. Suggestion?

Hello, I am in China teaching English and would like to get an idea of what I should focus on when trying to explain my symptoms to a doctor here. I am 23 years old, 6 feet tall, and 210 lbs with roughly 17% body fat. Right now I am sitting at a desk quite often and haven t ruled out this as the problem. Here s the issue: I have pain in my calf starting just above the Achilles and stopping close to 3 inches away from the back of my knee . The only visible sign is a slight swelling around the ankle and calf muscle . Also, the muscle seems much tighter than the other leg and I can feel a semi-solid cord/ vein in my calf and seems to be associated with the sharper pains. This has been going on for 4 to 5 days. Thank You
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012