Burning urination, redness in penis and scrotum. How long will this last?

I work in a commercial shop. After work I washed my hands with lacquer thinner. Moments later I went to urinate. There was quick and painful burning. I reached for the closest thing which was hand sanitizer. This compounded the issue. Just over a day later, the light burning remains. Burning sensation and slight redness to the shaft and scrodum. It does not hurt urinating, but the hole has a slight burning sensation. Who long will this last ans is there anything I can do to aid the healing?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012