The symptoms as mentioned in your post indicates towards infection in the Genito urinary tract
The reason for persistence of infection after treatment or recurrence can be due to:
1. Inadequate duration of treatment
2. Inappropriate dosage of the medications
3. Inappropriate selection of antibiotics against the causative organism.
4. Improper treatment of underlying cause.
Under such circumstances, the following corrective measures should be taken:
1. Discuss regarding the adequate duration of treatment with the treating physician.
2. Discuss regarding the proper dosage of medications depending upon age and body weight.
3. Culture & sensitivity of the urine to be done for selection of appropriate antibiotic.
4. Additional investigations like X ray
KUB (Kidney Ureter
& Bladder) and Ultrasound
scan of abdomen & pelvis will be helpful in detecting any hidden focus of infection in the Genito urinary tract.
Kindly let me know if you have any further queries.
Wishing a good health.
Thanks & take care.